No products in the cart.
FREE SHIPPING to your current location
Original HEVEA, Natural Rubber Star & Moon Pacifier, Orthodontic, 0-3 and 3-36 months, 3-36, and Large Teat, Plastic-Free
- 100% natural rubber latex – people and planet friendly production
- No PVC, BPA, phthalates and artificial colours
- Soft and gentle on baby’s face
- Uniquely designed ventilation holes
- Hygienic solid design – eliminates bacteria
- The ergonomically butterfly shape gives space for nose and chin
- Prevents vacuum around the mouth
- The stylish packaging made from FSC certified paper is ideal for gifting
The name “Hevea” originates from the Latin name for a genus of rubber trees, Hevea Brasiliensis.
Meets EU standard EN1400, US regulations CPSIA & AUS regulation AS 2432-1991
|Dimensions||8 x 4 x 12.5 cm|
0-3 months, 3-36 months, 3-36 months large
You can find here instructions in your own language: https://heveaplanet.com/care-instructions-for-pacifier/
WARNING! For your child’s safety.
- Inspect carefully before each use.
- Pull the soother in all directions.
- Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.
- Only use dedicated soother holders tested to EN 12586.
- Never attach other ribbons or cords to a soother, your child may be strangled by them.
- Do not leave a soother in direct sunlight or near a source of heat, or leave in disinfectant (“”sterilising solution””) for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the teat.
- In the event that the soother becomes lodged in the mouth, DO NOT PANIC; it cannot be swallowed and is designed to cope with such an event. Remove from the mouth with care, as gently as possible. Do not attach to any part of the pacifier/soother (i.e around the ring, plug or through the ventilation holes) pins, ribbons or string as these can be dangerous.
- Do not pull pacifier/soother apart
- Do not tie the pacifier/soother tightly to strings, straps, tapes or similar things in the child’s clothing, as this could risk choking the child
- The pacifier/soother is constructed, so that it cannot be swallowed by the child
- Check daily that the pacifier/soother is in good condition. This is done by pulling on the various parts of the soother and checking that it is still in good condition. If there are splits or changes in the soother, it should be discarded.
BEFORE USE, thoroughly clean then sterilize the pacifier/soother by either:
- Immersing the pacifier/soother in a baby-bottle sterilizing solution in accordance with the instructions for use of the sterilizing solution; or
- Boiling the pacifier/soother in water for 5 min. before it is used for the first time. Then let it cool down and empty out any water inside the nipple.
The construction of Hevea allows liquid to flow into the nipple when cleaning. Please press/turn upside down the pacifier /soother to empty any water from the nipple before using it.
Always clean the pacifier before use and check that the mouthpiece (nipple) is undamaged.
Do not dip the nipple into sweet products and/or those containing sugar or into medicine, as this can contribute to the development of tooth decay and thus presents a risk of cavities in the teeth.
For both safety and hygiene reasons, the soother should be discarded after a maximum of two months use.
- The pacifier/soother should be cleaned by hand or in a machine especially suitable for this, and must not be cleaned in a microwave or dishwasher.
- When the pacifier/soother is not in use, it should be kept in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight or contact with a source of direct heat.
- It should be stored in a closed, clean and dry container.
- Very few children are allergic to natural rubber; however, watch out for any allergic reactions, and stop any use if an allergic reaction should occur because of using the pacifier.
Safety standard: EN 1400, CPSIA, ASTM, SOR, AS/NZS ISO 8124
Firstly, you have to choose the shape: orthodontic, round or symmetrical teat/ nipple.
Then comes the size: Newborn 0-3 and 3+. For babies which like a very big nipple we do also offer the Star & Moon orthodontic LARGE model. It can be used from all ages (as the 3+).
The "old" pacifier might have "grown" in size, which can happen as it is a natural flexible material. As natural rubber pacifiers are made from a natural material, it can change in colour and shape over time. It is possible that the pacifier you have has resized if the child sucks very hard, if it has been used too long (we recommend replacing pacifiers every 6-8 weeks) or has been incorrectly stored/maintained i.e washed in dishwashing machine.
Therefore, it is often an advantage to have a few pacifiers in progress at the same time and to replace every other month.
All pacifiers should be replaced every 2 months.
No, it is not normal that the pacifier is peeling. The problem can be that you might have used it for more than the recommended 2 months or cleaned it in a non-suitable way.
All pacifiers should be replaced at least every 2 months for hygienic reasons – like toothbrushes. In order to ensure proper hygiene, the pacifier should be cleaned by hand or in machines especially suitable for this, and must not be cleaned in a dishwasher or microwave (unless use of relevant sterilising box). The pacifier can be sterilized in boiling water. We suggest you stop using it if peeling and replace it with a new one.
It is also a good idea to use more than one pacifier at a time, in that way your pacifier will not wear out as fast and will last longer.
It is very individual and varies a lot from culture to culture, from parent to parent and of course from child to child. We recommend stopping using pacifiers no later than 3 years.
And did you know that we actually can upcycle them and reuse and you can save money - read more here: https://heveaplanet.com/upcycling/
The pacifier can be disposed of as organic waste. However, you can also send us your old pacifiers and receive a discount on your next purchase here at our webshop. We hate waste but we love upcycling. Read more here: https://heveaplanet.com/upcycling/
The natural rubber used to manufacture our pacifiers contains no preservatives or antioxidants. Natural rubber changes in colour over time.
Before using for the first time I noticed the pacifier felt greasy and had an odour – is this natural?
Yes, our pacifiers have a fine layer of vegetable oil to prevent them from drying out. This disappears during the initial sterilisation. The odour is that of natural rubber.
Nitrosamines are found in natural rubber as well as other natural things such as avocado, smoked meat etc. Our products meet all required standards and tests show that the nitrosamine level is non-detectable.
HEVEA’s products are all tested to prove that they meet EU standard EN1400, US regulations CPSIA and AUS regulation AS 2432-1991. We are continuously testing our products and can reassure you that there is no reason to be worried. We have very good results in all tests. We work with an independent research agency, SGS, one of the world’s leading company for testing and analysis.
Yes, independent tests and analysis ensure that our pacifiers meet all required standards in Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand.